Wednesday, March 16, 2011

He's getting it!


Tonight Tyler was making his lunch for school tomorrow. He had opened a new bag of cookies and destroyed the packaging in the process. All by himself he put the cookies into a large ziplock bag and wrote the carbs on the bag! He even did the math and wrote the # of carbs per cookie instead of what the bag said- serving size 3 cookies total carbs per serving 21.

I was so surprised when I saw what he had done. I have been talking to him about carb counting and encouraging him to count his own carbs for meals now that he has the math skills to do it. It's nice to see that the habits that I have are starting to rub off on him. It's a proud Mom moment, my boy is growing up!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, he is so responsible. I don't know if Joe would just do that on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Love those little victories that make a huge difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Tyler! A big step in the right direction! Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete