Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some days.

Some are just more frustrating than others. Most of the times we sail right through our days poking fingers, pumping insulin and counting carbs. No biggie, its what we do. Other days it all gets to be too much.  Days when you've been up all night checking BG's every two hours because somethings off and god forbid you go to bed and the unthinkable happens. Days when you decide to be proactive and want a little advice from your endocrinologist but they can't help you because the computers down. Days when you fight with the insurance company to get the best care possible for your child and get shot down.  Days when your kid complains about having to do a BG check or a site change, and it strikes you that this is it- until there's a cure for this awful disease, this is my kids life. Always and forever.

Tomorrow I will get up and do it all the best I can, I may even joke about it and have a positive attitude. I know there are worse things, that there are kids who won't get off so easily, who have diseases that they can't manage and parents that won't get to see their kids grow up. That is so much worse and gives me perspective on how lucky we are. We are able to manage diabetes ( though most of the time it seems like it manages us. ) We have good insurance and have access to great doctors and the best treatments. That is all wonderful but some days you want to stomp your feet and scream "IT'S NOT FAIR! " the way you did when you were 6. People compliment me all the time on my positive attitude and openness when it comes to Tyler's Type 1, because most of the time I am positive and open. But today is one of those days, and every once in a while you just gotta let it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment